As promised, the recipe for the easy Chicken Quesadilla to go along with last week’s Pico de Gallo!
What You Need:
5 chicken breasts
1 litre chicken broth
1 pound mozarella cheese, shredded
12 large flour tortillas
iceberg lettuce, shredded
pico de gallo
What You Do With the Stuff:
- Poach the chicken in the broth.
- Drain and shred the meat.
- Place a handful each of chicken and cheese on one side of each tortilla. Fold over.
- Fry in a heavy pan with a little butter, pressing down as they cook.
- Serve topped with lettuce and pico de gallo.
You can also substitute a pre-cooked BBQ chicken for the poached meat.