What You Need:
1 1/2 pound flank steak (or other thick steak)
1 bottle chipotle BBQ sauce (good quality)
1/4 cup soy sauce
juice of 1/2 a lime
1/4 cup butter, softened
1/4 cup cilantro, chopped
What You Do With the Stuff:
- Mix together BBQ Sauce, soy sauce and lime juice. Pour over steak and allow to marinade 3-4 hours or overnight.
- Preheat grill on high. Place steak directly on grill and turn heat immediately down to medium. Grill 3-5 minutes per side for medium rare.
- Remove steak from grill and allow to sit on warm plate for 10 minutes to allow juices to re-absorb.
- Mix together butter and cilantro.
- Cut steak thinly on the diagonal and fan on a plate.
- Top with cilantro butter and serve with a salad, or sliced avocado and tomato.
Receive our Newsletter!