Today is a rainy day, and I’m in the mood for Chinese! Here’s my version of the ultimate fried rice recipe.
What you’ll need:
2 cups brown rice
4 cups chicken broth
2 stalks celery, diced
2 carrots, sliced thin
2 baby leeks or 1 small onion, diced
5 button mushrooms, sliced
1 Tablespoon garlic
1 1/2 Tablespoons Ginger
2 eggs, lightly beaten
1/4 cup rice wine vinegar
1/4 cup soy sauce
2 Tablespoons sesame oil
What you do with the stuff:
1) Cook the rice in the broth according to package instructions.
2) Saute the celery, carrot and onion, until softened.
3) Add the mushrooms, ginger and ginger. Saute until softened.
4) Add the rice and mix thoroughly.
5) Create a hole in the middle of the rice. Add the eggs and scramble in the hole. Stir to mix into the rice.
6) Add the vinegar, soya sauce and sesame oil. Serve garnished with chopped green onion or cilantro.
Receive our Newsletter!