Given our lifestyle of frequent travel, I’ve become somewhat a pro at just grabbing things and tossing them in a suitcase. Â One thing I definitely know, especially when travelling with a toddler, is that less is absolutely more! Â The key to travelling with a minimum of garments is to be picky and have a wardrobe that can mix and match. Â This starts long before you ever take a trip. Â So here’s my go-to list for a week-end of travel!
#1: Â Buy staple items in neutral colours. Â It is a lot harder to mix and match with a red pair of pants, than black, navy, grey or tan. Â
#2: Â Let your colour show in your tops and accessories.
#3: Â Don’t fret because you really, really, REALLY want people to see you in your new dress that you look absolutely fabulous in! Â They don’t even know you own it, so if they won’t miss it, neither should you. Â Leave it home for special occasions when not travelling. Â (One exception to this would be if you are travelling for a party, wedding, etc. Â There is a definite time and place for fancy!)
#4: Â The key is layers. Â Instead of wondering what the weather will be like, and if you should pack short or long sleeve, you do both. Â You pack a cardi with a sleeveless or short sleeve blouse.
What to pack:
- 1 neutral pant
- 1 pair of dressy jeans for travel and an afternoon on the town!
- 1 casual pair of shoes (wear them while traveling)
- 1 dressy pair of shoes
- 1 neutral handbag
- 2 short sleeve (or sleeveless) tops – go for as much colour as you wish!
- 2 neutral cardigans
- 1 jacket
- bobby pins or hair clip for fancy updos
- add a punch of colour with jewelry
- socks, shoes, panties, bras, nylons, slip, straightening iron and toiletries
- and if you travel with kids, NEVER forget your swimsuit!
Receive our Newsletter!