I am one of those moms who think not too much has changed since giving birth. Â If I’m honest though, being a parent has left no part of my life unchanged. Â Not one iota of my being identifies with not being the mother to a wonderful little girl. Â Nor would I want it to. Â Being a mum is tough work though, and I sometimes have a hard time just finding the time, or space, to decompress and re-gather. Â I have taken to locking myself in the bathroom as my way to – (perhaps it’s time to add a few candles, bubbles, and invest in a Do Not Disturb sign?) Â I always find that just letting my emotions out, even if it is just to the four walls, helps immensely. Â It’s vital to being present in the moment as a mum.
I opened my mailbox to find the first addition to the Don’t Sweat the Small Stuff line of books in 9 years: Â Don’t Seat the Small Stuff for Moms. Â Perfect! Â I am always on the lookout for things to add to my toolkit! Â This gem is packed with powerful advice for Moms in every facet of our lives. Â Kristine Carlson speaks with integrity, ingenuity and simple authenticity. Â The depth captured on each page is staggering. Â I literally didn’t want to put the book down, but alas, I’m a mom! Â Still, I was not entirely sure how I was going to introduce this title to our readers, it only took a few minutes of reading to know there was only one way – I
wantedÂ needed to share my favourite quotes with each of you. Â This is the kind of book you pick up, read, and then run out to buy copies for every mother you know. Â Here are just a few of the nuggets of gold:
- You can always come back from a mistake.
- You are where all things start in your family.
- Actions always speak louder to kids.
- You are the heart of your home.
- Abundance comes from wanting what you already have.
- Show up consciously in your parenting.
- Sometimes the greatest messages can be found in the greatest messes.
- Motherhood pitches you right out of every single thing you anticipated your life to be, and into something profoundly unexpected.
- You don’t have all the answers.
- Express it out, or depress it in.
- Your children already have friends.
- I’m not fat, I’m feminine.
- It’s all unimaginably precious.
From time to time I am compensated to provide my honest opinion about FABULOUS products and services I think our readers would love! I received one review copy of Don’t Sweat the Small Stuff for Moms. Â Free images from FreeDigitalPhotos.net
Receive our Newsletter!