The neighbourhood 9-year-old girl who comes to visit Poppet took one look at my counter. "You have a lot of flours.....that's creepy!" She said the same thing about avocados too. I think she needs to expand her palate a bit!
I have many friends and family members who have intolerance to certain foods. My Mom and sister follow the Specific Carbohydrate Diet, others follow grain free, or others completely vegan. This recipe can be used for the SCD diet if using unsweetened carob chips, but for our purposes, because I LOVE SUGAR, I have written it with the full fat, fully sweetened chocolate drops of gold!
I actually enjoy baking with Almond Flour a lot. I find that the results stay moist much longer than when traditional flours are used.
What You Need:
2 1/2 cups almond flour
1/2 cup honey
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 cup melted butter
1/2 cup chocolate chips
What You Do With the Stuff:
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit and line a muffin tin with paper cups
- Mix together butter, eggs and honey in a measuring cup
- Mix together flour, baking soda and chocolate chips
- Add liquid to dry ingredients
- Spoon into muffin tin (I use a large ice cream scoop for this)
- Bake for 20-25 minutes. Allow to cool fully before removing from pan. Muffins will likely fall a little once cool.